2/3 cup milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
12 slices Texas toast
For the whipped pumpkin butter:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1. Grease a large non-stick skillet and heat on stove at medium setting.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into a rectangular baking dish.
3. Dip the bread into the mixture, coating both sides. Place on the hot skillet and cook until each side is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices.
4. To make the pumpkin butter, beat softened butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy.
5. Serve hot topped with whipped pumpkin butter and maple syrup.