1 cup 1% milk (substitute soy or cashew milk, if desired)
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup sugar
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Add all ingredients (except vanilla) to a small pot and whisk until smooth.
2. Heat on high until the edges start to bubble. Quickly cover with lid and reduce to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
3. Whisk the mixture again and let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk in the vanilla and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Use immediately or allow to thicken in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To make the pumpkin spice latte:
1. Add 1 cup strong coffee to a mug along with 2 Tbsp. creamer and 3-4 Tbsp. pumpkin spice syrup. Stir until combined.
2. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of pumpkin spice syrup, if desired. Enjoy!