1 cup fresh cranberries
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. orange zest
1 8 oz. wheel of brie cheese
Frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, brown sugar and orange zest.
3. Heat for 5-7 minutes until combined and cranberries are softened and warmed through.
4. Roll out thawed puff pastry dough and cut into a 10″ circle; place wheel of brie into the center of the pastry dough.
5. Working in a circular fashion, begin to wrap and fold the pastry dough around the brie, leaving some room at the top for the cranberry mixture to show.
6. Brush the dough lightly with about a tablespoon of the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and top with the cranberry mixture; bake for an additional 5 minutes until crust is golden brown.
8. Let the baked brie rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting, and serve with crackers or toasts.