- Start with a square Chinet® Dinner napkin completely unfolded. Fold in half, forming a long rectangle.
- Fold the napkin in half again, now forming a square.
- Fold the napkin in half diagonally, creating a triangle.
- Orient the triangle so the open tip is facing away from you.
- Fold the right corner diagonally toward you—laying it down along the centerline of the triangle, making a new tip pointing toward you.
- Do the same with the left corner, fold it diagonally toward you and press it down next to the previous fold.
- Now you have a diamond.
- Fold the two “wings” under so that you have your original triangle shape back.
- Fold the napkin back in half, away from you.
- To make the feathers, hold the base firmly to keep your folds together.
- Pull up the four “flaps” created by the napkin’s corners.
Visual Instructions (click each image to view in a new window)