1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, remaining sugar, and the salt.
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk and egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, adjusting the amount of milk to make a thick batter. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of fritter batter into hot oil, frying 5 to 6 at a time. Stir occasionally for even browning. Fry fritters 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides. Remove fritters from fryer and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Dust with cinnamon sugar and enjoy!